I do enjoy spending time in the country. I enjoy the expansiveness of the open spaces, the trees singing and sending out their massive love to all of humanity, all the birds and all the animal life both wild and domestic. I am thinking I really couldn't go back to any city for a long while, I like this too much, it's magical, good for the soul and very, very healing.
* * *
Today a neighbor came over with a tiny little kitten that she had adopted but couldn't keep because of her other two cats and asked if we would want to take her. We took her in. Yet, knowing how much my cat is possessive and jealous and such a fighter because of this, it makes me nervous for baby kitty.But for the time being we have a baby kitten. She's all black, and tiny, tiny. She needs a lot of care, she's too small for her age, scared and malnourished. I will love to nurture her back to health and vigor. I have had several dreams where I dreamt that my cat brings back with her from the outdoors a slew of cats looking just like her, all black. My house mate has long wanted a baby kitten for my other cat to play with, to nurture and mother. We'll see how it goes. At least we can heal her and hopefully place her well when the time comes.
