Wednesday, March 12, 2008

New sins and plastic surgery.

Well, since the Vatican is currently making up new sins and mortal sins and they are saying that hording wealth is a S-I-N, are they going to take a look at themselves then and maybe spread the wealth the Catholic church has horded and killed for over the centuries?? Eh?? Eh??

I am wondering if it is that the Vatican is not located in California or in the US that they are not (maybe will soon or later) adding vanity as a sin. Don't they have self - obsession and plastic surgery addiction in Italy? I am sure they have plastic surgery but maybe not yet the soul killing self - absorption so many suffer from here in the US.

I myself am curiously interested in plastic surgery shows on TV. I am mesmerized with the before and after pictures and the sometimes fantastic results. I am also watching the plastic surgery shows with patients with faces like footballs, cleft pallet or broken hands and I realize what is important. Even though I think that my eyebrows are positioned perhaps too low and could use a lift, I am seriously wondering if it is really necessary, REALLY necessary? Isn't it enough to be clean, neat and tidy and have good manners? I watch celebrities in LA make themselves look like everyone else (What's this fascination with Barbie?) and often loose what make them special, unique and to stand out. PERFECTLY gorgeous people make themselves plastic and cookie cutter models of plain nothingness. Hm. Why is there not more attention paid to soul, heart, inner well - being and centeredness, peace, self - knowledge, generosity, kindness, sharing ones gifts and all that?

So, even though I am also affected by this, I hope I will not fall into the seeming endless trap of desperately hoping to please strangers with my appearance. I think of plastic surgery as something to do if absolutely necessary. I contemplate plastic surgery like I contemplate tattoos. I have been thinking of tattoos for fifteen years but I haven't been able to get one done, especially not since I lived in Hollywood and everybody have tattoos there. So now it is no longer something that makes one different and unusual (you know, generation X). Seems like being free from tattoos is soon becoming the unusual thing. While in LA I was very much affected by the plastic surgery craze and wanted to nip on everything. One of the reasons I left LA, to regain some perspective on what is real and normal and healthy.

God bless you all !!!

And be beautiful in your actions !!!

Your life is your art !!!