Friday, August 22, 2008

More tarantula.


I love Arizona.

The other day I let the kittens out into the garage for a while in the evening. They are too curious to be satisfied with space they already have discovered. After a little while I went to fetch them and saw a bark scorpion racing around in circles on the garage floor (fortunately nowhere near the kittens who were under the car). I put a bucket up side down over the scorpion and got the cats out of there. So of course I began to look around everywhere in the garage for more scorpions and found another just deceased and covered that one too, just in case (seen too many movies). As my house mate carries the wild and aggressive super scorpion outside into the field across the street I continue to look for scorpions on the floor around the house, and what do I find, a tarantula sitting on the vent. As we try to catch it it just crawls into the vent and hides. My house mate closed the vent and that's it for the night.

This morning, I was dreaming that there were lots of dead rattle snakes in this house I was in and one that was alive, a sort of pet for the house owners. There were also a lot of kittens there and the snake, which I awoke, was all over the place and the kittens loved to wrestle with it. I lifted away one kitten after another and as soon as I had removed one kitten another was on the snake playing with it. I got really nervous and grabbed a hold of the snake and it bit me on my elbow. As I am trying to make its jaws unhinge, I wake up. It's 5:30.

I hear a scraping sound in the room and somehow realize immediately that something's up. I look over and one of my cats is crouching by a large tree cone that's on the floor that they have been playing with for a few nights. I am suspecting that perhaps there is more to it (cats always discover things around the house, like bats in the stove fan and so on). I get up and what do I see but the tarantula from the other day. Turns out my house mate had opened the vent figuring the tarantula was not there any longer. Luckily this cat is not so rambunctious as the other two so I remove her and catch the tarantula in a plastic container.

So, this is cool. As I am researching on line this morning about tarantulas and cats I consider keeping it as a pet, perhaps. The tarantula got impatient and vibed me it wanted out. I tried to wait until my roomie woke up but decided to head its call and let it out. I carried it across the street to the field and let it out under a tree. It was very excited to find such great landscape and territory and slowly walked in under the brush.

So, I still have not managed to discern a message other that that scorpions warn me and possibly tarantulas want me to be open for the new as it comes and not force any of my own ideas onto it all, but to be receptive. I have had some experience with insects communicating with me when I recently lived in Cornville, just outside of Sedona, and I had such a communion with crickets there (and others). I am amazed that all things have consciousness, great wise consciousness. Native Americans always knew it and I am just beginning to be allowed the experience of it all. I am thrilled.